The Petition for an Online Corruption
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Bring Metroid Prime 3: Corruption online!
yes
41%
 41%  [ 22 ]
no
58%
 58%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 53

Fastolf
Space Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't played hunters but i'm starting to side with the guys saying no. i never knew that hunters single was lacking so...yeah, i guess i'll stick to my download idea. Besides, they've probably got a lot of stuff for multi but are just gonna work on that later or for another handheld game - GBA 2/DS perhaps? Anyway.....

.....hey, i got this strange feeling to play MP1 the other day and i can't put it down. I think i've gone over to the MP1 side of the field. I found it had better looking environments, it took longer to get the main items - and i don't mean missile upgrades - and i prefered the enemies.... i'm getting to a point here...
I prefered the story for it once i went back. The MP2 story was just too over done and used one too many times for other games with the whole light vrs dark thing. I found it too easy and lacking...

So yeah, focus on single player for MP3 as long as it turns out better or just as good as MP1. I infact prefer single story modes for games. I like my multi as well, don't get me wrong but if single has a great story and great dramatic battles like that insect boss in MP 2 - that Chuc, Chukk, Chucka, chdgfsehrtgera, thing which was one of the few battles in MP2 that i actually enjoyed, shame it was so freaking long to get back there so i only every fought it once or something - i'll enjoy it. Hell i played Resi 4 for freaking ages and completed it around 20 times or maybe 17, i can't remember.
Joey
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aura wrote:
No for the same reasons as everyone else who said no.

Yeah, it would take longer and probably suck.

Metroid Prime Hunters: Betrayal= Infernus
Special Thanks to: Phazon Metroid (sigs), Mochtroid (Avatar)
Fastolf
Space Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u mean the story r multi?
Joey
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This next game needs more time, a fact that became all too obvious when it was thrust into the limelight at E3. Weak graphics. Clunky controls.

Obviously you've heard from someone who doesn't like getting used to controls (or just hated the controller), or you are like this yourself. I'm not implying you don't like trying new stuff, but just give them a chance. You've (most likely) never even tried th controls! I can be like this sometimes, but am always wrong to think like that. Oh and what the heck!? The graphics were great in my opinion! Just because one game makes a graphical breakthrough (ex: Halo 2) doesn't mean every game has to have perfect graphics. I'd much rather have perfect gameplay and less than perfect graphics than a perfect-display screen and boring gameplay. Graphics count, but you can't judge a game mainly on Graphics and controls. Besides, it's still in development. Who doesn't give finishing touches to their game (retorical question).

I agree pretty much completely with Ruumisauto on this.

Just give it a chance. You'll probably come out liking it. Rolling Eyes

Fastolf
Space Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what i've been saying. I love the new control scheme and i think it's great that there keeping the original one as well. As for giving chances, i'm always the guy saying give them a chance. Unless it's to do with Micro or Sony getting metroid. I don't want them.....
Skeksi
Space Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I didn't say that I didn't like the control scheme. Indeed, I haven't tried it yet. But in the videos I've seen, it looks quite awkward and I've read articles that described it as awkward. Still, again, there's the expert mode, which I've heard only good things about. Wait. Fastolf, did you say that they're keeping the old control scheme? I haven't heard anything of the sort. I wonder...
I was also expecting a noticable improvement in graphics. This game looks like Echoes, which, to me, is not a good thing. Sure, there are improvements (Volumetric smoke on missiles! That's something I've wanted for a while), but it doesn't compare with the stunners on the other systems. I assume that the final Devkits haven't been sent out yet, last I heard is that they would arrive in June. But I can't wait to get my hands on this game, no matter whether it has multiplayer or not.
Dark X
Flying Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gives a shit about graphics? The only reason people should play games is because of good gameplay itself.

<3 Mochtroid. Awesome avatar by Monster.
Tyler Durden wrote:
Listen to Dark X, Dark X is wise.
Intervention: Lenario
Betrayal: Noxus
BBX25
Omega Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark X wrote:
Who gives a s**t about graphics? The only reason people should play games is because of good gameplay itself.

You're not giving graphics enough credit.

Great graphics add realism and atmosphere to a game. I don't expect a game that mimics life, If I wanted that, I'd go outside, but I digress. Graphics are the reason why Pong isn't anywhere as immersive as Half Life 2 or Oblivion. Great graphics allow me to willingly suspend my disbelief easier. Graphics also incorporate greater gameplay mechanics; adding great amounts of detail.

Fabro Also?

Dark X
Flying Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but complaining about the already good graphics seems pointless.

<3 Mochtroid. Awesome avatar by Monster.
Tyler Durden wrote:
Listen to Dark X, Dark X is wise.
Intervention: Lenario
Betrayal: Noxus
Fastolf
Space Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the graphics at present in MP and MP2. I am of course expecting a higher graphic level in MP3 as i'm sure every one is but i don't see it as a neccessary attribute. As for me say that the old control scheme is being kept i was talking about the tradional pointer in the middle of the screen thing, expert mode is what their called it now last i checked. Hey, would any of u hate me for not geting MP3 as my first Wii tittle? Just wanted to know what u guys would get, whether u would get it first or a different tittle cause i kinda want the new zelda first.
Joey
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh.. I don't really care. as BBX25 said,you must give graphics credit as one of the biggest categories of a game. They add more atmosphere and give you a much better feel. But I also agree with Dark X, as graphics aren't everything and complaining about graphics is pointless if it has good gameplay and the graphics are at least substantial. Everyone expects better graphics for the next-gen consoles, but some people put too much faith in graphics. Fable proved that games with excellent graphics can still have excellent gameplay, but gameplay should almost always be the first priority for game developers. Graphical breakthroughs aren't always kindly looked upon due to their gameplay...

Dazuro Ghenari
SCU Forums Super-Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP1 is one of the most immersive games of all time, even if its graphics are a little dated. MP2 isn't quite up there in terms of realism and immersion but it still has amazing atmosphere. Even if MP3 is only a small improvement, it's still guarenteed to be immersive and atmospheric as fuck, so three cheers for that.

Besides, as I've said at least five times total now, "anyone that says the graphics haven't improved needs to look at the Pirate ATC's more closely". Those things are freaking BEAUTIFULLY textured. And then look at the pirates themselves--much more detailed and high-poly than the angular old ones from the GC games.

And then there's Ridley's wings.. those have such an awesome texture to them. <3

Sigs by lots of people--credit file coming soon! <3 Thanks y'all!
<RE> God is an enigma wrapped in an illusion wrapped in mystery coated with chocolate and dipped in fire ants.
<BBX25> I wonder what a blowjob from a snake would be like
<Cinsu> I wish my dick had a grinning lobster.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Periodico
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted yes, but I must say... only if it maybe comes on a patch later or something. I don't want the Single-player polishing time to be used to implement a half-arsed Multi. I want both experiences to be great. If I can only get one experience I definitely want to keep the single-player. If I can get both, then awesome.

Man I wish Summer was longer don't ya know!
Mr. Prime
Elite Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey wrote:

The graphics were great in my opinion! Just because one game makes a graphical breakthrough (ex: Halo 2) doesn't mean every game has to have perfect graphics. I'd much rather have perfect gameplay and less than perfect graphics than a perfect-display screen and boring gameplay. Graphics count, but you can't judge a game mainly on Graphics and controls. Just give it a chance. You'll probably come out liking it. Rolling Eyes

BRAVO!!! I get so sick and tired of more and more people thinking that a good game has to have perfect graphics. One of my friends is like that, and the only thing he cares about are the graphics. An example: I recently got a GREAT DEAL on a PSP. I had enough money to buy one game. I was debating between Daxter, and SOCOM. I ended up choosing Daxter, because I am a HUGE fan of the whole series. Anyway, I showed my friend the other day. Can you guess what his first comment was? "Why did you get that? Those graphics suck. SOCOM has better graphics" *sigh* So shallow Sweat Daxter may not have the best graphics of all the PSP games, but it's gameplay and fun factor is what matters, both of which I rate EXTREMELY high. I LOVE this game. And I feel I deserve to rub it in his face on how wrong he can be about this Rolling Eyes

But back on topic, I agree. It seems that people are caring more about graphics, and less about gameplay. They would so quickly pick up a stupid, boring, pointless game, if it had killer graphics. (i.e. My friend again) And saying that about Metroid, based on a preview that may not represent the final product, is somewhat quick to judge. And even further, the preview I have seen, show me great graphics...much improved from MP2. Of course, it is all up to personal perception, but still

Thanks to Def Leppard for the sweet Sig!
http://s7.invisionfree.com/phazon
Skeksi
Space Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no. Now I've been portrayed as a graphics-over-gameplay guy. Every Nintendo fan's worst fear at this point. Trust me, I am not like that! Prime 1's graphics were great, and more importantly its designs were superb. It suceeded in giving a perfect sense of atmosphere. Echoes, sadly, did not. The monotonous purple of the Dark world and the occaisionally shoddy teture work really put a damper on it, and overall, I'd actually say Echoes' graphics were perhaps a downgrade from Prime's. Now, to renew that atmosphere, I expected a very visible improvement from Echoes, which I did not get. Anyone would be dissapointed with that. Furthermore, this game is on a new platform, and it is right to expect a change in graphical quality when a new system arrives. When someone sees this next to, say, Gears of War for the Xbox 360, it will get the brush off. But, to counter the suggestion that "graphics are everything," when they play this, it will be the opponent that gets the cold shoulder. So, gameplay is most important, but graphics are a major factor as well. That is the thing I fear Nintendo may be overlooking with the Wii as a whole. Still, I don't want this to turn into a graphical debate. Back on topic people! Mr. Green
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: