The Petition for an Online Corruption
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Bring Metroid Prime 3: Corruption online!
yes
41%
 41%  [ 22 ]
no
58%
 58%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 53

Skeksi
Space Pirate

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: The Petition for an Online Corruption Reply with quote

So, the final part of the epic Metroid Prime (quad?) trilogy is nearly upon us. The hype is fresh, and the speculation rampant. And yet, one terrible detail remains ignored. This is, of course, the lack of multiplayer in this game. I know, you guys are hardcore fans who want a great single player experience, but please, spare me your flaming. MP2's multiplayer was a dissapointment, to say the least. I think we can all agree on that. MP: H improved it, but went too far into the FPS realm to be considered a true Metroid game by many. MP3: C has the potential to be the dream of every Metroid fan; an epic single player adventure as well as an online phenomenon. This is still a possibility. There are still an entire 6 months to make Prime 3 the perfect end to the greatest series of the last generation, bringing it into the next generation. We all want this game to be a masterpiece, and it can be. Please, support this cause, and post in this thread and "sign" this petition. You can do this by voting in the poll and if you vote yes, you'll contribute your screenname to the list. I am hoping to later bring it to other forums to gain more support. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them, and, of course, any suggestions for multiplayer options. I still hope I'll be able to battle with people from this community on the day the Wii launches. Make it happen SCU!
chris37599
Elite Pirate

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted yes. Yay, another 2,999,999,999 votes for yes to go! Laughing

Thnx to MonsterERB for teh awesome pikmin sig!

Dark X wrote:
I don't. I never make tyops.
Dark X
Flying Pirate

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Echoes was bad enough, and if it's anything to go by, I say we keep it to single-player. We got Hunters. Isn't that enough?

<3 Mochtroid. Awesome avatar by Monster.
Tyler Durden wrote:
Listen to Dark X, Dark X is wise.
Intervention: Lenario
Betrayal: Noxus
BBX25
Omega Pirate

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would much rather Retro focus on a solid single player experience, instead of sacrificing time to make a half assed single and half assed multiplayer. Given the severely limited timeframe that they have, focussing on Single player is an absolute must to deliver a decent game.

Fabro Also?

Joey
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBX25 wrote:
I would much rather Retro focus on a solid single player experience, instead of sacrificing time to make a half assed single and half assed multiplayer. Given the severely limited timeframe that they have, focussing on Single player is an absolute must to deliver a decent game.

You're a prophet. Drool

Metroid Prime Hunters: Betrayal= Infernus
Special Thanks to: Phazon Metroid (sigs), Mochtroid (Avatar)
GreenMamba
Phazon Elite

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say no, for the reasons BBX posted.

Thanks to xfox for the avy and sig.
Steyr AUG
Beam Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think the single in Echoes was half-assed, but I say no. Because we sure don't need a tacked on multi that takes up dev time.

- Hideo Kojima

PWNAGE!!!
=
I happen to call "Dark Samus" the Dark Hunter. Get used to it.
Sephi_hatu
Beam Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too said no, because I want it to be a good single player game. I also want it available at launch. I dont wanna wait for it cause of multiplayer.

http://www.sr388.co.nr/
Meta-Ridley125
Beam Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i agree. Sorry but no for me. There is only 6 month till the Wii, and Metroid Prime 3 comes out, so the only thing the developers could do in that time is tack on a multiplayer. Not enough time for it to be even close to right. I'd rather they polish the single player a bit more, so that we can have a truly great game.

Metroid: Intervention
Character: Rakiaz

Here:
http://www.samusforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=10029
"Which side are you on?"
Prime_killer
Beam Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lose the thoughts of extras. We don't need another attempt at these. I would go on but the reasons have been posted.

"It was a rule he aimed to fix. And only a man such as he could aim his attention at the rule that bound them all together."
Skeksi
Space Pirate

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I would be quite willing to have this game delayed in order to create a great multiplayer mode. MP2 was not enough. MPH was not right. We have the chance for perfection here. Besides, there are other Wii launch games to be interested in (Zelda!). Think about it. MP2, at least to me, seemed rushed. This game is having even less time for development, and its on a whole new platform. I really am scared for the Prime series, and how far it could fall. After Corruption we probably won't see another first person Metroid for a while, and there could even be another several year long drought. I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to break into another rant here. The original Metroid Prime was gaming perfection in my eyes. It had an endless assortment of details, intense battles.. you know all about that. MP2 was a remarkable downfall from that ideal. Linear. Bland. But still great. It also made the first step into the inevitable multiplayer pool. I enjoyed that multiplayer quite thoroughly, despite its faults. But to forget the fact that it ever existed, to deny the fantasies of every Metroid fan simply to push the product to market is terrible. Is there a person on these boards who doesn't wish to battle with friends across the globe as Samus, or perhaps get into the armor of a Space Pirate? Maybe even spaceship battles! The single player adventure is a staple of the series, but new ideas have to come forth. I hate to say it, but Metroid is stagnating. Deeply. It is a realization I came to see after playing MP2, my most hyped game of all time. It is a realization I came to see after playing through MP: H, which nearly bastardizes the concept of Metroid single-player. This next game needs more time, a fact that became all too obvious when it was thrust into the limelight at E3. Weak graphics. Clunky controls. And again, lack of multiplayer. Will this be remembered as the downfall of the Metroid series? For all our sakes, I hope it will not be. We can let this series have a triumphant end.
By the way, I noticed four people voted yes, while only one actually responded in the thread. If you are going to vote for it, please state your identity so I have someone to put on the list. Thanks!
GreenMamba
Phazon Elite

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paragraphs, please.

Thanks to xfox for the avy and sig.
Mr. Prime
Elite Pirate

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote No. That is just not what Metroid is about. I don't want the risk of it leeching away from teh Single Player Story

Thanks to Def Leppard for the sweet Sig!
http://s7.invisionfree.com/phazon
Dark X
Flying Pirate

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially when the storyline revolves around Phazon. I love the whole story of the Primes, and if they leave us hanging with a half-made single player, I quit.

<3 Mochtroid. Awesome avatar by Monster.
Tyler Durden wrote:
Listen to Dark X, Dark X is wise.
Intervention: Lenario
Betrayal: Noxus
ChozoEchoes
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no. I want MP3 to be THE singleplayer Metroid we are all waiting for, so all development time should go into it. For multiplayer we have MPH...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: