MP3 Video Download inside! *New Clip Added!!!*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkippyJr
SA SW Discoverer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My God That video is completely awesome!

The background of the iridescent woman (with the transforming) is the same as the E3 demo level. It looks to be the generator room (the last room) even. Maybe you meet her just after Rundus saves you.

That video has friends (gameplay footage of areas we've seen countless times): [url=http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Media/Media.htm?CS_pid={C11555C3-8C70-4BD3-8D3D-751680B3EF5E}]more videos from Game Informer[/url] metroid-1 is what we're talking about.

Particularly, vid metroid-2 has most of the intro before the demo level, but at high quality and with *sound*. You can more easily make out explosions on the planet as well as laser fire as you fly in.

Video metroid-4 has a whole new area (a secret passage) that hasn't been explored in any other of the demo vids! Wow, Game Informer delivered!

The important tie-in between the videos are the "crabs" (:30 into the attractor vid and also :42). In metroid-2, you see a guy ready to climb into one at :20 when you are flying in (the claws match, for instance). So they are GF related mechs! Perhaps you might control them like the "rhino" - or even fight them.

Don't fret, Steyr. Prime's and Echo's attract vids also show action shots which aren't indicitive of the average exploration. The devs swear that this is an FPA, and not an FPS. Just be glad that there are so many new abilities and things to play with! I'm sure that your new friends will be around only in cutscene form (like with Rundus in the demo level).
ChozoEchoes
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkippyJr wrote:
That video has friends (gameplay footage of areas we've seen countless times): [url=http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Media/Media.htm?CS_pid={C11555C3-8C70-4BD3-8D3D-751680B3EF5E}]more videos from Game Informer[/url] metroid-1 is what we're talking about.

I can't watch the videos. Do I have to install a special codec?
Steyr AUG
Beam Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to use Quicktime to watch the first video, then InterVideo WinDVD to watch the others. Only Vid 4 is worth watching, though; the other two are just high-res versions of the E3 demo.

And I am not happy with this game. I know the action is just a lure in the demo to draw in casual gamers. What I don't like is the addition of those other bounty hunters, especially that ugly as sin Phazon woman who seems to be modeled after Cortana. It's basically Metroid Prime Hunters 2.

Maybe Retro is listening: they've heard the arguments against flying the ship, so we may still be piloting a vehicle: a mech, just so they can give me the finger and a big "screw you, Steyr."

I've always thought the "FPA" moniker was a weak excuse for saying "watered-down FPS" and it never ceases to amaze me how strongly fans of the Prime sub-series religiously defend this moniker. So you're in a 1st person view, armed with a gun. "Ah, but you explore and solve puzzles!"

Exploring is pretty much a central tenet of nearly every FPS, so that's a strike there. And puzzles have never been a part of Metroid until Prime. The only real puzzles were simply wondering "What ability will I need to get that Energy Tank/Missile Expansion, and how do I utilize it properly?"

Another thing I tire of is people yammering on "HAVE FAITH IN RETRO!11" (though this is more reserved for the IGN crowd). I still hold it's entirely possible for a great series to suddenly screw up and become like crap at the end. Gundam Seed Destiny, anyone? Or I don't even have to go that far: most of the Chrono Trigger community has a less-than-stellar opinion of Chrono Cross.

Still, I enjoyed the Dark Hunter in action. Badass and unstoppable as usual, definitely one of the better things the Prime sub-series has brought to the table, and infinitely better than the SA-X.

- Hideo Kojima

PWNAGE!!!
=
I happen to call "Dark Samus" the Dark Hunter. Get used to it.
ChozoEchoes
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After renaming the files to .mp4 I can watch them with the Realplayer.

I like what I see except the Phazon lady Laughing As one other said, this trailer can be compared to the MP2 trailer that also looked more like a FPS. Also keep in mind that there are more than one planets. Maybe the planet from the demo is in the middle of the war, while the others are typical "Metroid planets" with only Samus exploring them. That would be ok for me and I'm sure it will stay FPA...
Banjo-Fella
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, that video's a bit sexual. I've watched it a dozen times by now. Razz

Er, am I the only one who likes the idea of the Phazon Woman? Wait, no, don't go! There's reason to my madness! Honest. For a split-second before the Phazon Woman changes from the Space Pirate form into her standard form, you can see her as a bright neon skeleton, much like Dark Samus' final form in MP2, or Metroid Prime's Essence. This leads me to believe that this Phazon Woman actually is Dark Samus - only possibly Dark Samus without her suit on. A Dark Zero Suit Samus, if you will. Why DS would opt for this low level of protection, I don't know - but Daz seems to be right about its ability to transform.

If Retro were to include DS in a relatively similar form to how it was seen in MP2, well, it'd be a bit dull, wouldn't it? For the sake of offering new experiences to the game, the theories about the supposed Dark Samus artwork actually being Hyper Samus might be true. Instead of facing a MP2-like version of DS, then, it could be possible that you have to face off against a DS which can take the form of any creature it likes - in the case of the video, a Space Pirate.

PURE SPECULATION GUYS LIKE SRSLY
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed this. Right at the beginning of the vid, you get to see the Phazon Beam! :O

Steyr AUG
Beam Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell are the humanoids in that Hyper Mode scene anyway? They vaguely look like Kriken... and if that's the case, I'm running for my vomit bag.

- Hideo Kojima

PWNAGE!!!
=
I happen to call "Dark Samus" the Dark Hunter. Get used to it.
Dazuro Ghenari
SCU Forums Super-Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're obviously pirates...

Although hell, Trace's skeleton seems to be based identically to Mp2's pirate troopers, so I can see how they could be easily confused.. o_o

Sigs by lots of people--credit file coming soon! <3 Thanks y'all!
<RE> God is an enigma wrapped in an illusion wrapped in mystery coated with chocolate and dipped in fire ants.
<BBX25> I wonder what a blowjob from a snake would be like
<Cinsu> I wish my dick had a grinning lobster.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sephi_hatu
Beam Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can now firmly saw this game is better than MP2! This video clinches it. I mean honestly, tis video advanced the story farther than MP2 did with an entire game!

http://www.sr388.co.nr/
Dark X
Flying Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banjo-Fella wrote:
Er, am I the only one who likes the idea of the Phazon Woman? Wait, no, don't go! There's reason to my madness! Honest. For a split-second before the Phazon Woman changes from the Space Pirate form into her standard form, you can see her as a bright neon skeleton, much like Dark Samus' final form in MP2, or Metroid Prime's Essence. This leads me to believe that this Phazon Woman actually is Dark Samus - only possibly Dark Samus without her suit on. A Dark Zero Suit Samus, if you will. Why DS would opt for this low level of protection, I don't know - but Daz seems to be right about its ability to transform.

I saw her smile kindly. I don't think that's Dark Samus. Also, she was injected with Phazon along with the other hunters.

<3 Mochtroid. Awesome avatar by Monster.
Tyler Durden wrote:
Listen to Dark X, Dark X is wise.
Intervention: Lenario
Betrayal: Noxus
rpgfreak
Beam Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that vid got me super bhyped fopr the game but i really do hgope that they don't mess around too much with the beam system and atleast let me turn certain beams on and off in the main menua la SM. I say this because well, as much as plasma beam was utter PWNAGE at the end of ZM I still wished that just for fun i could turn back to a weaker beam. And am the only one who noted that the morph ball has some sort of blue stuff on it in that little bit after the Zipline?
Name is SCU_Fear, formerly just Fear. Three star Sylux user fond of lock jaw triangles and shockcoil pwnage Friend code is 4252 7412 4853 Pm me if you add me. I don't have many pplz on my list so please add add add!

Daz is responsible for my the VERY cool sig and Av. Thanks!
MaiAriSquee
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Phazon Woman" isn't a phazon woman, okay?! DUDE. She's PURPLE not BLUE. ..or ORANGE for that matter. She's just a new alien race, and I think she's cool, for the most part. She reminds me of that funky race from War Planets.

The giant crab mechs look freaking awesome. The armored golem is a hunter, and many have noted that it looks like he can carry you around. The meteor at the end is some manner of phazon seed, obviously.

I won't mind the new characters and character interaction as long as it's well executed. To be honest, my biggest fear is that suddenly Samus may be part of the Space Avengers Justice League of Bounty Hunting. I can picture the comic book cover now...

And w00t for the phazon beam.

And no one is getting "injected" with phazon in the traditional sense, like they walked into the GFED med bay and said, "Shoot me up, doc!" They get INFECTED. It's already been stated that Samus is trying to rid herself of her infection. And I haven't seen it said anywhere that the others are infected as wel.
Dazuro Ghenari
SCU Forums Super-Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, no, I'm pretty sure the golems are just robots Samus can use, not another hunter..

Sigs by lots of people--credit file coming soon! <3 Thanks y'all!
<RE> God is an enigma wrapped in an illusion wrapped in mystery coated with chocolate and dipped in fire ants.
<BBX25> I wonder what a blowjob from a snake would be like
<Cinsu> I wish my dick had a grinning lobster.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sephi_hatu
Beam Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz is right. They seem to be morph ball exo-skeletons (the golems thingy). If you look closley at the center, you see samus in her morph ball. Chozo artifact anyone?

http://www.sr388.co.nr/
Meta-Ridley125
Beam Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, yes, that could be. Almost reminds me of that one Chazo statue that picks you up and walks through some spikes in Super. Course much bigger and you can control it...but still.

Metroid: Intervention
Character: Rakiaz

Here:
http://www.samusforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=10029
"Which side are you on?"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: