Topic Bumping

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: The SCU 2006 Re-Design Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBX25
Omega Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Topic Bumping Reply with quote

A recent outburst of 'gravedigging' prompted me to think of this idea: Would it be possible to implement a system, such that if a topic falls below the nth page, the topic automatically locks itself?

Opinions? Comments? Blah?

Fabro Also?

metroid master
Flying Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that would be a good Idea but who would do the programming to do that? and what if its a important topic like the PS3 Compendium or the Twilight Princess wopic. We would then have to go in and make a new thread because the old one got locked. My only suggestion for this is a better thread search system. The One we have is Painfully bad, and im sure if its made better, it would be easier to find such "Duplicate topics" to prevent others from creating similar threads.

^Sig made by Billy Bob Joe the III Avatar Cleverly Cropped by bdjwill!!^
The Legal drinking age in Canada is more of a suggestion...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BBX25
Omega Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

metroid master wrote:
I agree that would be a good Idea but who would do the programming to do that? and what if its a important topic like the PS3 Compendium or the Twilight Princess wopic. We would then have to go in and make a new thread because the old one got locked. My only suggestion for this is a better thread search system. The One we have is Painfully bad, and im sure if its made better, it would be easier to find such "Duplicate topics" to prevent others from creating similar threads.

Both the PS3 and Twilight Princess topics are stickied at the top of the page, thusly they wouldn't fall below the barrier and get locked.

Anyways, I think by the 5th page, nearly all topics have stayed their welcome and their chances for additional discussion have been exhausted.

Fabro Also?

Dazuro Ghenari
SCU Forums Super-Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen old topics bumped for perfectly good reasons that added useful information yet didn't warrant their own topic. What do we do in that case?

Or what if it's a thread for a fanfic that doesn't get updated in a long time then comes back?

Or how about the art thread? It wasn't always stickied.. not a problem now, but threads like that could show up from time to time.

Plus it gives us a good taste of which users fail at reading the rules, giving the mods a chance to punish them early and whip them back into shape >.>

Sigs by lots of people--credit file coming soon! <3 Thanks y'all!
<RE> God is an enigma wrapped in an illusion wrapped in mystery coated with chocolate and dipped in fire ants.
<BBX25> I wonder what a blowjob from a snake would be like
<Cinsu> I wish my dick had a grinning lobster.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andrew Mills
** Man Of Action **

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have just deleted them like before, but that led to teh really popular older topics getting deleted too Mad Mad It's fine how it is. Severe grave digging is generally picked up on very, very quickly indeed. I dug up a very old topic on M2k2 not too long ago and contributed something recent and relevent to it, so it can happen as Daz said above. And if the contribution is pure and utter crap, then the offender will get reprimanded in one way or another.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: The SCU 2006 Re-Design Board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: