SCU Graphics Topic. All Designers Discuss Ideas Here...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: The SCU 2006 Re-Design Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karlprof
Flying Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think connection speed can be easily measured in PHP. It's possible, but it'd be hard to the extreme.
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Mills wrote:
See what you think:

Design 1:
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/9246/scu45sj.jpg

Desgin 2:
http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/1025/scu30qe.jpg

Number 1 looks too flat >_>
Number 2 Looks great, for me, but i don't know what all the other people say when you change the style of the site completely(from black to white).
** Man Of Action **

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karlprof wrote:
I don't think connection speed can be easily measured in PHP. It's possible, but it'd be hard to the extreme.

No, I was thinking more a manual hyper-link that the user can click on to change between flash interface (for boradband) or 2D (for 56k users).
DarkCraft
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Mills wrote:
Karlprof wrote:

No, I was thinking more a manual hyper-link that the user can click on to change between flash interface (for boradband) or 2D (for 56k users).

This is, even in Javascript, so easy as stealing a baby its lolly Smile
Flying Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Mills wrote:
Karlprof wrote:

You quoted one of my posts! Now you can't deny my existence! Look at my template. *pokes*

And, as DC said, a link to switch between nav bars would indeed be fairly easy.
Secret World Discoverer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Mills wrote:
Also, is it possible to give 56k'ers the chance to switch the proposed flash-based navigation banner to one that is a static 2D one at the click of a link? So while the content stays 56k friendly, the navigation system can be switched between those with broadband (Flash-based) and those without (optimized 2D graphics)? is this technically possible in PHP?
That's possble, It's not even that hard. The php code can remain the same for the pages, it's just the template that would have to be changed.

Don't understand? I'll explane. The php file reads all the info from the sql db, the info has to be filled in on a template file. The php file checks for a cookie first, smallband or broadband. if it's smallband, the php file uses a template written for 56k users, without all that graphicall stuff and flash thingies. If it's broadband, the php file fills in the other template that uses flash, and all other stuff.

BTW when I say template, I don't mean a photoshop mockup, but a html file that can handle variables.

Easy, right?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: The SCU 2006 Re-Design Board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: