Valid HTML

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: The SCU 2006 Re-Design Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SyntaxLegend
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Valid HTML Reply with quote

I am wondering if the website is ever going to be turned into XHTML 1.0 Transitional. It would look good on all browsers and it will not have to be rushed when the net converts to XHTML.
DarkCraft
Shadow Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent the site through a HTML validator and i've got over many many errors Shocked

The homepage and the forum site are both not valid Sad

Forum(17 errors):
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//www.samusforum.co.uk/

Homepage(...57 errors):
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//www.samus.co.uk/
** Man Of Action **

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, the website actually WORKS perfectly on the vast majority of browsers (certainly the vast majority used by the public today). IE works fine as too in firefox (which I use myself) and that's a Netscape based explorer. And as far as I'm aware, it works fine in a few other browser's too (but I've pretty much covered all the bases with 100% IE and FireFox compatability).

I can't cover it for every single browser in the world (especially the older ones), but the HTML was hand written by me and it's only very basic HTML at that. So as long as the VAST majority can read it with no problems at all, I'm happy enough as it is just now. Oh, and I never wrote the forum code (obviously), so even the phpBB team must not be TOO worried about not being XHTML complient...
Hosser
Elite Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Mills on this one (for a change!) Why bother making the site fully XHTML compliant when it renders fine on IE, Opera, Safari and Firefox? I would try it in Lynx for a laugh, but I can't be bothered. Works fine in IE7, too, so no complaints there.

And the forum is phpBB Team's responsibility to make complaint, not Andrew's. I say leave it, it's all good. Razz
WWakerFAN
Space Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mebbe you should try to think of it this way,

you have a 1 page document you're trying to read and their handwriting is difficult to make out and as you go through you have to continuously stop and presume what it's supposed to read based on what you can see.

and then you have this other document which is exactly the same as the first one only that it's more clear and concise and you can easily read what has been written.

of course by the time you've finished reading it you pretty much end up with the same thing so it shouldn't matter too much, although you'll probably get though the second one alot faster than the first that's for sure and also not have to think as much
Flying Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem. You can either code to standards, or you can be a regular watcher of the Springer Show who shoots fire out of his wang, thinks Bill Gates should be elected President of the Universe and dislikes Nintendo because "zomg ninty is for teh kiddiz lolz".

It's really that simple.

Wink.

So, ahem, if it can be made standards-complient, I think it should be.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: The SCU 2006 Re-Design Board All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: