Stuff you'd like to see
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TICONDEROGA
[Warning]


Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 787
Location: developers developers developers developers!!! AHHHH!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey wrote:
Bonus co-op rooms would be cool, but shouldn't be necessary. I also wouldn't like teaming up with random people online, of course Friend Codes would be really cool, but only if Retro can pull off good Multiplayer Versus and Co-op modes. I'd rather they not do online play at all than do it badly, thus getting sucky reviews and less sales, meaning the next Metroid game (if there is one), will be affected by the low (or high) sales.


If they just made a few courses it would be cool, bring back Sidehopper station(GCN), Spires(GCN), Harvester(NDS), Headshot(NDS). and have some new original courses, just as an added bonus to the game.
_________________


My MP:H FC is:
5197-6226-1650
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Prime_killer
Beam Trooper


Joined: 25 Jul 2004
Posts: 577
Location: Highway 209

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I think co-op play would be extremely better than multiplayer. Online or off, you and whoever else could go through segments, if not the entire game, in co-op mode. Of course, it would have double the amount of enemies, and bosses would have to be harder (take less damage, etc.).
THAT I would find more fun than any multiplayer battles Retro could dish out.

There could even be downloadable areas for co-p play as Retro would see fit. Oh man, that would be fun. Just imagine, you and someone you don't even know playing online co-op, fighting off an attacking battalion of space pirates. Aw, yeah. Cool
_________________
Currently listening to: Death From Above 1979

"It was a rule he aimed to fix. And only a man such as he could aim his attention at the rule that bound them all together."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joey
Shadow Pirate


Joined: 16 Apr 2006
Posts: 285
Location: Space Pirate Mothership

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wouldn't play with someone I don't know...

Co-op puzzles would be neat. Smile
_________________

Metroid Prime Hunters: Betrayal= Infernus
Special Thanks to: Phazon Metroid (sigs), Mochtroid (Avatar)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Fastolf
Space Pirate


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 56

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, seeing as the newer posts are talking about co-op and are forgetting my ideas, go back a page and search for my posts. They already talk about all these co-op ideas talked about in the posts on this page and many of the other posters have talked about it as well.

I know multi is temorarily out but if theres a download:
As for more characters and ideas here's what i think they should have at the very least:

The main Characters Samus, Weavel, Sylux, Spire ,Noxus ,Trace ,Kanden,Space Pirates and the new hunters

Other possible characters: Ing, luminoth, alimbics, chozo, chozo ghosts

Other ideas could include:
What wepons u start off with as well as armor, suits, abilities, etc based on preset funds or number of kills like in counter strike.

Larger amounts of bots or possible bosses for bots that will fight u and the other enemies but an be killed by a singular character or a temporary team up with the the other enemies: imagine fighting say 7 other characters in battle mode but with say thardus walking around, rolling on others or flashgra going nuts on everyone, or both thardus and flashgra, possible attacking each other every now and then.

Also specific maps should benefit specific characters. Take a space pirate base. If u were a space pirate u could access the areas only pirates could like in the mines or hydra lab in Prime one where the pirates came out of those passages u couldn't get into.

Then again multi won't be preset into the game except maybe downloads. Then again....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark X
Flying Pirate


Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 865
Location: Two RPs and a fanfiction... good stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fastolf wrote:
Weavel, Sylux, Spire ,Noxus ,Trace ,Kanden


Why include them? It makes no sense whatsoever, and I'd prefer them to stay in Hunters.

Quote:
Other possible characters: Ing, luminoth, alimbics, chozo, chozo ghosts


No, for the same reason. Besides, why put in Chozo? They're extinct, as well as Alimbics. I also don't see Luminoth as a fighting race. Also, Ing... it's a good idea, but again, they were killed off in Echoes.

Quote:
Other ideas could include:
What wepons u start off with as well as armor, suits, abilities, etc based on preset funds or number of kills like in counter strike.


Erm... no, because if you won a lot of battles against n00bs and ran into somebody you would be able to own them with super-powerful beams and suits.

Quote:
Larger amounts of bots or possible bosses for bots that will fight u and the other enemies but an be killed by a singular character or a temporary team up with the the other enemies: imagine fighting say 7 other characters in battle mode but with say thardus walking around, rolling on others or flashgra going nuts on everyone, or both thardus and flashgra, possible attacking each other every now and then.


Nonono. Bosses in multiplayer mode are a bad idea. Maybe do a co-op boss battle as said before... but not bosses walking around attacking each other.

Quote:
Also specific maps should benefit specific characters. Take a space pirate base. If u were a space pirate u could access the areas only pirates could like in the mines or hydra lab in Prime one where the pirates came out of those passages u couldn't get into.


Now there's a good idea. Maybe exclusive sniping points to a certain kind of species...

Quote:
Then again multi won't be preset into the game except maybe downloads. Then again....


Who knows?
_________________

<3 Mochtroid. Awesome avatar by Monster.
Tyler Durden wrote:
Listen to Dark X, Dark X is wise.
Intervention: Lenario
Betrayal: Noxus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fastolf
Space Pirate


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 56

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, i guess i did get into one of my: "lets put everything in there possible and see if it turns out good", moods. sorry Sad Crying or Very sad Sweat Neutral Glare
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dazuro Ghenari
SCU Forums Super-Fan


Joined: 11 Nov 2004
Posts: 7176
Location: Stardust Speedway

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, Dark X, while you bring up some good points, you're completely wrong on some others. <_<

The luminoth are definitely a fighting race. They were only in an 80 year war after all. It's not like they developed tons of weapons in the process or anything, and they definitely don't have logs of things like having to rely on their martial arts skills after running out of ammo.. <_<

And the chozo aren't extinct, they just don't interract with the other races, or so it's implied.

And Weavel at the very least is almost sure to show up, considering that he's a pirate and this game heavily features on pirates.. especially judging by the fact that the new pirate commando things have VERY Weavel-esque armor. Sylux might show too, since the GF is a major part and he hates the GF.

And if they're in the game, well, why not?

As for races having already been killed off, who cares? Multiplayer isn't canon.
_________________

Sigs by lots of people--credit file coming soon! <3 Thanks y'all!
<RE> God is an enigma wrapped in an illusion wrapped in mystery coated with chocolate and dipped in fire ants.
<BBX25> I wonder what a blowjob from a snake would be like
<Cinsu> I wish my dick had a grinning lobster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Prime_killer
Beam Trooper


Joined: 25 Jul 2004
Posts: 577
Location: Highway 209

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fastolf wrote:
OK, seeing as the newer posts are talking about co-op and are forgetting my ideas, go back a page and search for my posts. They already talk about all these co-op ideas talked about in the posts on this page and many of the other posters have talked about it as well.


No offense, but what about your ideas? Multiplayer has been discussed, and has its own topic. (The Petition for an Online Corruption)
Don't try to bump your ideas because new ones are being addressed.


Anyways, if you'd like comment on it that badly, then read Dark X's post. Just stop bumping old news please.
_________________
Currently listening to: Death From Above 1979

"It was a rule he aimed to fix. And only a man such as he could aim his attention at the rule that bound them all together."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark X
Flying Pirate


Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 865
Location: Two RPs and a fanfiction... good stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazuro Ghenari wrote:
The luminoth are definitely a fighting race. They were only in an 80 year war after all. It's not like they developed tons of weapons in the process or anything, and they definitely don't have logs of things like having to rely on their martial arts skills after running out of ammo.. <_<


True... I just can't picture a Luminoth in an all-out slugfest between a bounty hunter and Pirates.

Quote:
And the chozo aren't extinct, they just don't interract with the other races, or so it's implied.


See above.

Quote:
And Weavel at the very least is almost sure to show up, considering that he's a pirate and this game heavily features on pirates.. especially judging by the fact that the new pirate commando things have VERY Weavel-esque armor. Sylux might show too, since the GF is a major part and he hates the GF.


Yes, they might appear in the game. You have a point.

Quote:
As for races having already been killed off, who cares? Multiplayer isn't canon.


But playing as an Ing would be incredibly hard to do, as well as strange.
_________________

<3 Mochtroid. Awesome avatar by Monster.
Tyler Durden wrote:
Listen to Dark X, Dark X is wise.
Intervention: Lenario
Betrayal: Noxus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
el padrino
Shadow Pirate


Joined: 22 May 2006
Posts: 112
Location: you know you dont care

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark X wrote:


True... I just can't picture a Luminoth in an all-out slugfest between a bounty hunter and Pirates.


yeah me too, luminoth arent exactly the tipe of characters i would like to see in a death match with samus and space pirates. although they are a fighting race


Quote:

But playing as an Ing would be incredibly hard to do, as well as strange.


i also agree with this point, in fact how would you be able to do all the attacks the ings have, like being in puddle form or facing out of existance, or trying to posses someone, no i dont think it would be appropiate, but if you could somehow put the basic nature of ing in multiplayer maybe you could play as one but i find it highly unlikly
_________________
i thought i was in love ones.... turned out to be gas, thanks monster for the avatar!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Samus.nl Forum Index :: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Charcoal2 Theme © Zarron Media